I believe that we all have the power to do something amazing. When I first set up ELIZA ELIZA it was really important to me that by partnering with charities, our bags and purses could help raise money and awareness for brilliant charities such as Unseen.
Here are 5 Reasons why ELIZA ELIZA is partnering with UNSEEN helping victims of modern slavery:
1. Because there are 13,000 victims of slavery in the UK (source: prediction from Home Office) this includes Men, Women and Children of all ages. Slavery is more common amongst minority or socially excluded groups.
2. Because 3,805 people in the UK were identified as potential victims of trafficking during 2016 an increase of 17% from 2015. These potential victims were from 108 different countries of origin, most common were Albania, Vietnam, UK, Nigeria, China, Romania and Poland. 51% of victims in the UK are women and 48% men (<1% transsexual)
3. Because Unseen has provided 125 women with 10,200 nights of safe emergency accommodation. Donations to Unseen also importantly provides Medical care and treatment, Counselling, Legal advice and assistance, Holistic therapy sessions, Education, Financial assistance, Immigration advice, Assistance to return home or to reside in the UK.
4. Because previously vulnerable men hadn’t been as well supported as women victims. An Unseen funded and run safe house opened in summer 2016 has so far helped support 13 men to recover from their slavery and trafficking experiences. 51% of survivors had experienced sexual exploitation, 18% labour exploitation, 16% domestic exploitation and 12% multiple types of exploitation
5. Because in 2016, 1,278 trafficked victims found in the UK were children. Unseen aims to provide a specialist accommodation and care service unit in 2017 to give vital support to these children.
Unseen is a charity committed to working towards a world without slavery by supporting, equipping and influencing. You can read more about their vision and values here.
Every time you buy one of these ELIZA ELIZA bags or purses you are supporting victims of modern slavery through the fantastic work of Unseen. (10% per sale donated)